[p2p-sip] Revised Draft Charter for P2PSIP

Enrico Marocco enrico.marocco at telecomitalia.it
Fri Sep 22 03:26:03 EDT 2006

Philip Matthews wrote:
>> 2. A proposed standard defining a P2PSIP Overlay Peer Protocol. This
>> protocol is used between P2PSIP overlay peers, some of which may be
>> behind NATs.
> Earlier versions of the charter had the word "many" in place of  "some"
> in a roughly corresponding place. I would prefer to see the word changed
> to "most", or if there is strong disagreement on this, at least changed
> back to "many".

If it was a requirement someone else had to satisfy, "many" would work.
 However, since *we* will have to deal with it and since we all agree
that we have to support as many natted peers as we can, "some" is ok.  A
stricter requirement here would just have the side effect of increasing
the probability of a failure.

Ahem.. Sorry, the notice below is not my fault :-(

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to webmaster at telecomitalia.it.

        Thank you