[p2p-sip] Revised Draft Charter for P2PSIP

Spencer Dawkins spencer at mcsr-labs.org
Thu Sep 21 14:56:06 EDT 2006

> Then we definitely need to reword.
> What I am trying to avoid is questions about if we design the system
> so that resource location in general is done with a broadcast (flood)
> type protocol, which I believe is not the concensus of most folks. We
> want to rule that out, while allowing broadcast for things like
> locating a bootstrap.

I agree.

> Let me think about some alternate wording, or I am open to any
> suggestions.
> David

"Multicast and dynamic DNS based approaches for locating users and resources
(although these approaches might be in-scope for overlay discovery,
bootstrapping, etc.)"?

(And just to be clear - I agree with Henry's post yesterday that the charter
would be acceptable as proposed, if charter chatter means that we lose focus
on the problem at hand)