[p2p-sip] Revised Draft Charter for P2PSIP

Roy, Radhika R. RADHIKA.R.ROY at saic.com
Thu Sep 21 12:53:17 EDT 2006

Hi, Scott and all:
A couple of points are as follows:

	References of p2p-SIP drafts in the charter are perfectly OK. Drafts
are not RFCs, and can be modified by the WG as needed based on the charter.
For now, these drafts are providing some guidelines to make the objectives
of the charter clear. These are good pointers because we have done a good
amount of discussions based on these drafts to form the WG in the first
place. Otherwise, people will not get any reference to start with, and all
of our valuable discussions will almost be lost without getting any
reference pointers.

	The term "architecture" seems to be very problematic because there
is no "precise" standard in the IETF what is meant by "architecture." Some
may say that it is the "p2p protocol arch." Others may say it is the "p2p
network configurations arch." Others may say it is the "protocol,
interfaces, and network arch" combining the CS SIP and p2p-SIP network so
that p2p-SIP overlay arch will work as the top most network with all details
of anything and everything.

What I suggest is this:

Let the concept and other p2p-SIP draft deal with protocol and some sort of
high-level view of networking (as can be seen in CS SIP RFCs and other IETF
RFCs) diagrams that have been used so far will be appropriate without being
bogged down to defining "p2p-SIP Architecture" per se.

Best regards,