[p2p-sip] Revised Draft Charter for P2PSIP

Enrico Marocco enrico.marocco at telecomitalia.it
Thu Sep 21 12:22:56 EDT 2006

Eunsoo Shim wrote:
>>> Just off the top of my head, instead of current #4, if I've actually
>>> understood what it means, I'd prefer something like:
>>> 4'. A document defining some additional resources which can be
>>> registered in overlays and used to facilitate communications (e.g. media
>>> relays).
> I think this is covered by the current text. The current text targets at
> more than this as explained below by David.
>>> 5'. A document addressing how communications can happen between users
>>> registered in different overlays and/or canonical SIP networks.
> I think it is covered by the current text. Otherwise it is case I don't
> understand the meaning of the proposed text above.

It just mean to be a rewording of the current text without the term
"architecture", so... I'm glad to see that you think it doesn't state
anything different :-)

>>> Just an editorial note: all the charters I've read have references to
>>> drafts directly inline.  I don't know if it is better to have a
>>> traditional "Reference" section, but, since the charter is likely to be
>>> long-living and drafts will be certainly updated, maybe it is at least
>>> worth stripping the version number from the name.
> Hmm, it is a problem of referring to drafts in the charter.
> Your suggestion sounds OK. Well, the draft names may change in the
> future, too. :-(

Ok, I understand the problem is bigger than what I noticed.

Ahem.. Sorry, the notice below is not my fault :-(

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to webmaster at telecomitalia.it.

        Thank you